Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Safety Pin Dress

Safety Pin Midriff Dress

I've been seeing a lot of exposed midriffs lately, along with safety pins as a fashion statement. I love the grungy feel of everyday stationary as an accessory. I decided to make this dress because I couldn't rationalized paying half a bill for something I could DIY! You could also do this on a shirt, if dresses aren't really your thing. :) This one is super easy to do, and takes no time at all!

Forever 21 Bodycon Dress (Excuse the pug hairs!)

What you'll need: Dress/Shirt
Scissors
Safety Pins

Find a line on your shirt/dress where you'd like to expose some midriff. I chose a line about an inch under the bust. Cut straight across. Optional: Hem the rough edges. I decided against it because I liked how the rough edges added to the grunge. 

Line up your safety pins and then pin the top of your shirt/dress to the bottom, leaving about an inch of space in between. Make sure all your safety pins are the same size, and pin all the way around the shirt/dress. Now you're done! Go out and rock those abs!


No comments:

Post a Comment